Organizing to Win: Building Anti Racism in White Poor and Working Class Communities
Catalyst Project and Highlander Center are hosting a convening of organizations that are building anti racist power in poor and working class white communities – April 20th to 23rd, 2017
The convening will be located at the historic Highlander Center in New Market, Tennessee.
Here’s a map of the organizations coming to the convening, scroll over the markers to learn about each one, and get involved in supporting their work if they’re near you or you’re especially interested in what they do!
40 organizers from across region, culture, geography, issue will strategize together on:
- Discuss what’s needed during this moment of accelerated white supremacy
- Strengthen collective capacity to out-organize the Right
- Share organizing skills and lessons across geographies and sectors
- Share and build strategies about how the white working class can shift to see themselves as part of a broader, multi-racial working class
- Build relationships between more poor and working class white organizers within anti-racist struggle
Catalyst Project and Highlander Center are working in collaboration with Alliance for Appalachia, Iraq Veterans Against the War, Kentuckians for the Commonwealth, Rural Organizing Project, Vermont Worker’s Center, Southern Maine Worker’s Center, and Showing Up for Racial Justice.
Participants of the convening are by invite only.
For more information about the convening, you can email email@example.com