As an 8-person, mostly volunteer collective, Catalyst is proud of the anti-racist work we accomplished this year. In 2016 we:
- Launched the Philadelphia Anne Braden Anti-Racist Training Program, a 6-month intensive with 26 organizers
- Spent 4 weeks leading anti-racist trainings in Arkansas and Mississippi
- Spent 2 weeks in Kentucky training people working toward a just, sustainable economy
- Spent 10 days at an international event in the fight to decolonize Mauritius, close a key US military base and win right of return for displaced Chagossian Islanders
- Spent four weeks at Standing Rock orienting non-Native folks to colonialism, how to follow indigenous leadership, and respectful ways of being at the Oceti Sakowin Camp
- Organized 3 events on solidarity with the Movement for Black Lives, reaching 1100 people and raising nearly $13,000 for Black-led organizing work
Can you donate today to help us continue this crucial work? If you’ve saved your payment information with ActBlue Express, your donation will go through immediately:
To see an interactive map with some highlights from our work this year, click here.
The next four years will demand a lot from us. We feel honored to have people like you beside us as we meet the challenges ahead.
on behalf of Catalyst Project