WHEN: Thursday, May 12 / 7-9pm (doors open at 6:30pm) Sliding Scale $10-25+. Please pay what you can. No one will be turned away for lack of funds.
WHERE: First Congregational Church of Oakland (2501 Harrison St, Oakland)
HOW: Buy tickets here! bit.ly/CatalystTix
**Come early, we expect it to fill up!!**
Join us for a documentary film screening of “Anne Braden: Southern Patriot” by Mimi Pickering and Anne Lewis, about the life of civil rights leader Anne Braden and her work organizing white communities in the South for racial justice.
The film screening will be followed by a panel discussion linking Anne Braden’s civil rights work with contemporary struggles for racial justice. Panelists include:
- Rahula Janowski, Catalyst Project
- Gopal Dayayeni, Movement Generation
This event is a fundraiser for the Catalyst Project and our work training and supporting white, anti-racist leaders in California and across the country.
“The fight against racism is not something we (white people) are called on to help people of color with. We need to become involved as if our lives depend on it because, in truth, they do.” –Anne Braden
Volunteer for this event. If you would like to volunteer at this event, please email email@example.com.
- Venue is wheelchair accessible.
- The film will be shown with captions.
- There will be a designated fragrance free seating section at the event. We are asking that everyone who is planning to come do as much as they can to be fragrance free so that people who have chemical sensitivities and related illness can participate. For more on what that means and how to do it, please visit: http://eastbaymeditation.org/accessibility/scentfree.html.
If you have questions about these or other access needs (such as ASL, CART, etc…), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510-470-0413 before May 3rd.