Dear Catalyst Community,
We are thrilled to invite you to a community reportback, where two Catalyst staff, Isaac Lev Szmonko and Hilary Moore, will share out lessons learned from the 10 trainings they did in Arkansas and Mississippi with over 200 people. They will be discussing questions like:
- strategic importance of organizing with Black leadership in the south
- need to center poor and working class white folks in building multi-racial, multi-class anti-racist movements.
- slow and patient “spade work” that builds community capacity
We look forward to talking with you as we connect anti-racist struggles across geography and culture. You are also invited to stay after the reportback to help make sure this work continues.
Join us for a mailing party! Do you like to use decorative stamps? Do you like to chat about the political moment while handwriting addresses to the many supporters of Catalyst?
WHEN: Tuesday November 15th
- Report back starts at 6:30pm
- Mailing party starts at 7:30pm
This event is sliding scale $0-30. No one turned away for lack of funds. This event is wheel chair accessible and will be a low scent space. Please RSVP by November 3rd if you would like child care support.
**We are having another mailing party November 20th in Oakland if you are not able to make the above event, but would like another chance to join us. Email email@example.com to RSVP.
on behalf of Catalyst Project